Tuesday, April 28, 2009

earn your respect.


Why does the Silver Creek assistant coach have to be such a butthead? I was watching GD #3 and BD #3, with my attention diverted to BD, when suddenly I hear him complaining loudly to the Silver Creek head coach lady, "What are they doing having such a long conversation?" I stare at him as he storms over to GD #3, who couldn't have been debating over service issues for THAT long (my attention had only just been diverted). He goes over to his girls, while I go over to Maria and Eileen to see what the problem was.
Maria tells me that one of the SC girls were serving in the wrong box, but they had disagreed. Then suddenly SC assistant coach starts saying, in a rude and arrogant tone, that the players should keep track of their own serving. He yells at the scorekeepers that they should pay attention to the game, and he angrily reprimands Maria and Eileen for not knowing if the opposing side has 13 or 14 points. He's screaming all of this, by the way. I wish I could say that I'd said something to him, that he was being totally rude and going way overboard, but my mind was blank with disbelief.
Why? What happened to civility, to respect? Is he trying to make himself look big and threatening so he'd feel a rush of power over everyone else? So insecure that he has to resort to belittling other people? Or is he really such a jerkwad?
Anyway, the dude storms over to the head coach lady and immediately begins to complain, LOUDLY, about Maria and Eileen and the whole situation. It was so stupid. The head coach just stood there listening to him. I couldn't believe how such a nice person like her could listen to him rant on and on about such a little thing. He didn't even bother to keep his voice down; just kept gesturing wildly and complaining at the top of his voice, RIGHT behind the GD #3 game.
Maria walks up to me and angrily asks me to tell him to shut up, because he's distracting them all. So I go over to the SC coaches and say to the dude, "Excuse me, could you please quiet down? My players are getting distracted." He whips his head around to look at me and snarls, "ALRIGHT, just HOLD ON."
How can the SC coach stand such a rude jerk?



^ BD #3. I wasn't really that intent on their game.. heh
Aaaaannyyway, pictures from last weekend's excursion to San Francisco's Legion of Honor.





^ gooooorgeous




^ i shall write my 5-pg paper on this painting


^ a golden sedan!!!




^ shopping

0 comments: