Sunday, August 23, 2009

Santa Teresa tournament!

Yay for another tournament! I personally had not done so well in my first tournament (Smashapalooza) last week, so I was excited to hear that there would be another tournament at Santa Teresa in September.

I will play C and D mixed doubles with Trevor. Haha, haven't played with him in forever, ever since our SJCC days. I hope I don't suck, or at least don't get him mad. In junior year or something, Alex would always get super pissed off at me for messing up in games. There was one memorable time (i posted this on xanga...) he stalked off the court after one of our games, and I refused to talk to him even though he went to my house and tried to apologize. Haha, good times. But yeah.

One time the mixed girls and I were talking, and we were complaining about cocky, chauvinistic male partners who would blame us for messing up a game. Like we were the ones to blame for their shots going out or into the net! Stupid suckers. But yeah, anyway. Didn't mean to go off onto a tangent. I don't think Trevor will get pissed off at me like that, but I'd understand if he did if I'm totally off the mark and hitting out for every shot. Especially in a tournament game. It'll be fun practicing with him for the tourney! Like old times.

Anyway, I want to play girls doubles too, but I can't find a partner. Diane will be in Berkeley and I think Meiyi will be in LA. I don't know about playing with anyone from Piedmont because I've just been playing with guys there whenever there's open gym. Hopefully I'll find a partner soon... the girls doubles entries are capped at 16!

0 comments: