Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Art Classes

Art classes are fun :)

Art12 (2D concepts): a pretty boring/easy class. This is like the next step up from Art01. Too bad I have to take this, but good thing I have the same professor from Art14 so her teaching style isn't anything new. I know how to suck up :) haha jk. But I'm glad to know what ticks her off and what I should do (participate in critiques, save all of my work, have really good craftsmanship) to guarantee an A in the class.

Art24 (beginning drawing): A little boring right now, but it's only the second week. We're moving on to charcoal drawing next class! We sketched huge bones today and put our work up on the critique board. Someone's work had her bone sketch and a sketch of someone's back. Then I realized that the subject was me, because of the long hair (in her sketch, a thick strand of hair was hanging down the subject's back, and the rest of her hair was over her shoulders. I pulled my hair back and sure enough, there was a single strand of hair hanging down my back), dress pattern, and angle (she was sitting right behind me). Super cool!!

Photo40 (beginning photo): I have all these visualizations of cool shots in my head, but due to my camera noobness, I can't find a way to transfer my visualizations onto the photo. :( But that's why I'm taking this class, yeah?

Unfortunately I'm only taking 12 units this semester :( I wanted to take 18 or at least 16, but I couldn't get into two waitlisted classes. Sucks... SJSU is going down the drain!!

0 comments: