Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Some Myspace hate!

I haven't been on Myspace for a very, very long time. When I logged into my old Myspace account very recently, I rediscovered the many reasons I'd left Myspace.

1. The slutty profile pictures.

It's so weird, but people's profile pictures seem so much more self-respecting and civilized on Facebook. Maybe because Myspace has a more anonymous air than Facebook's? Well, one day I was at MLK in the teen center (heh heh) because there were available computers. Anyway, I glance over at the girl next to me. She seems pretty nondescript; she's dressed in gray sweats and little makeup. It's not her appearance that shocks me; it's her Myspace profile that's open on the screen. Classy picture, that girl has; a compromising pose for the camera, with cleavage spilling out of a very tiny tube top. Gobs of makeup--hot pink lips, heavy eyeliner, spider lashes--the works. I know it's her profile and not someone else's because she's replying to someone's wall post.

Yes, I know I was staring for a very long time. I couldn't help it; I was basically pretty shocked. Could this seemingly innocent girl next to me really be the whored-out poser in that Myspace profile picture?

To be fair, there are Myspace users who don't post compromising pictures of themselves for the entire world to see... but no one can argue that there aren't a huge number of slutty Myspace profile pictures out there.

2. The shirtless mirror shots.

Obviously this one applies to guys. What is with dirty spotted mirrors and camera-wielding shirtless guys?

Guys don't post up these pics for incoming compliments concerning their manly musculature. Of course not!

It's such a total turn-off. Personally I have never seen one of these in a Facebook profile pic... it seems to be just a disgusting Myspace trend.

3. The viruses.

This was probably the last straw for me. You know the type--your "friend" sends you a link to something really cool, you click on it, and your computer gets infected. In my senior year, so many people's myspaces got hacked that I didn't even want to check my wall comments anymore.


Ugh, there are so many more reasons, but I'm too lazy to write about them all. Haha. These three were just annoying me recently.

2 comments:

Thannie said...

lol I see you are implying something ^0^

Jessica said...

LOL THANNIE!