Wednesday, May 27, 2009

classes

GRADES COME OUT IN 10 HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


at 8am tomorrow.





I'm hoping for straight A's, but that seems doubtful... so this is what I think my grades might be.





Art 14 (color) - A-, probably. I messed up a bit on the final vocab quiz and I got a B+ on my last project and I didn't do extra credit... but I did participate a lot.





Art 13 (3-d) - OMG I am between B+ and A- in this class. Well, Tracy said that I def. got an A on my last project and I think I did well on my vocab quiz... so maybe an A-? :D





Art 01 - no sweat. it's a pass/no pass class. However I missed the maximum amount of notecards that we can miss in order to pass the class, so if the prof. counted my notecards incorrectly, I'm going to have to retake the class again. Haha. Darn.





Art History - I HOPE I got at least an A-. I got an A on my 5pg paper (95%!!!). He said he gave A's to only a few people, a few A-'s, more B's, and a whole bunch of C's. Thank goodness; I worked my butt off for that paper. I didn't do extremely well on the final, so this is a toss-up...





Creative Writing - I kept missing reading quizzes bc I didn't do the reading, haha. bad... but I did pretty well on the poetry final. For the final, all we have to do is prepare a packet of three poems and our revised self-portraits. I had an interesting topic for the poem I read (we have to stand in front of the class and read one of our poems "with feeling"), but I sure as heck am not going to reveal the topic here. So I will venture... a B+?





Social Problems - B. I don't even care about this class because the professor doesn't care either. Honestly, I couldn't care less if I don't get an A in this class. I didn't try in this class AT ALL. I'll be mad if I get a B or lower in my art classes because I worked my butt off in those classes, but I'll have to admit: For this class, I did squat.














Away from grades for a minute... I was talking to Diane about how a mutual friend's blog is so obviously self-absorbed. Then I realized that personal blogs ARE essentially self-absorbed, because the content is on the person's own life. My blog is definitely self-absorbed; I'm always complaining and/or worried or something. I'm always self-conscious that I'll sound too conceited or MEMEME in my blog, but why fight it, you know? As long as I'm not bragging about myself in every other sentence, right? Or not sounding like I'm using my blog to brag about my accomplishments? Oh well, whatever. Not like people other than close friends are reading my blog :D I shouldn't feel like I'm getting judged.





Anyway, for my fall semester, I chose a tentative schedule:





2-D Concepts, Beginning Drawing, Beginning Photography, Child Development, Weather and Climate. Nice and fun classes :D Exactly 18 units.

I've decided to go for my BFA in Graphic Design (Bachelor of Fine Arts). It's basically more intensive than the BA and I have to take more art classes, thus 5 years instead of the typical 4 years of college. Then, because I'm going to go for five years, the plan requires me to go for at least 12 units a semester instead of the 16 units/sem for four years. I might as well double-minor!! heehee. Or double major!!! But in what? I'm thinking photography/animation/interior design/architecture/communications/creative writing/etc. No more psychology/sociology, because after taking Social Problems, I discovered that I have no interest in sociology. Couldn't care less about the class. Ahhh...thank goodness for GE's.

This summer, I'll be taking two GE classes at SJCC - Oral Communication and American History. Meh. They sound boring, but oh well.

NINE MORE HOURS


0 comments: