Friday, May 29, 2009

negativity

Negativity came at me from many directions this week, especially today (which I thought was going to be a good day). It was all I could do to keep my chin up and maintain a smile on my face. How can people be so cruel to somebody whom they supposedly love/are friends with? I know the best way to deal with this is to let it go over my head and not get upset, but that's easier said than done. I shouldn't let these things get to me, especially when some people are just joking; they probably expect me to take these things as a joke too. I find that if I do force these things to go over my head, I'll forget about it in a little while. That's best. It's just... it kind of hurts. A little bit. I know I've hurt people in the past - most of the time entirely accidental and merely a joke - and people can't always be so goody-goody to each other. That's a fact. The thing is, when the negativity is repeated and the person knows what he/she's saying is hurtful... how can I keep such a negative person in my life?

My head hurts and there's a lump in my throat... a hot shower and comfortable bed should make me feel better.