Sunday, May 10, 2009

davis dual-meet

I have been having strange dreams lately.

1) Last week I dreamed that I painted a large depiction of a tulip. The colors of the tulip were monochrome and desaturated--sort of like sepia-toned. Apparently it was hanging in a student gallery in SJSU, and two wealthy old white women viewed it and loved it immediately--so much that they offered me $25,000 for it!!! lol. I was so happy and excited. Anyway, for some reason my family and the two women and I went out to eat at a fancy restaurant to celebrate my painting sale. Halfway through the dinner, my mom started badmouthing me to the old women. After hearing so much bad stuff about me, they decided not to buy my painting after all. :( :( :( :( :( :(:( :( :( :( :( what a horrible dream..haha.

2) Last night I dreamed that I was walking on the road. The beach was a distance off to my right, and the sky was an intense combination of colors-- bright reds, oranges, pinks, and purples all streaming into the dark blue of the night sky. It was a color explosion and I just had to take a picture... but unfortunately I didn't have my camera. I ran off to find it, which took forever... I ran back to the beach to take my pictures, and luckily the colors were still there, albeit a touch darker.

So... I guess we do dream in color!

Well, anyway.. yesterday I spent my Saturday with the SJSU badmin ppl for the Davis dual meet. It was actually not as bad as I thought; I met some pretty cool and nice people. I played mixed (changed at the last minute from singles) with a senior guy who covered a ton of my shots. heehee. We won that game. Then I played doubles with Jenny, which we lost. The girls weren't bad, but not undefeatable; Meiyi and I would probably have beaten them by just clearing to them. I guess Jenny and I were both still tired from our games--my mixed one, and her singles one. Overall, we lost 5-6 to Davis.

It's really tough switching from plastic to feather. I would smash the feather bird, and it'd go totally out or into the net. I would drop, and the feather bird wouldn't go over. I would clear, and it would go several feet out. Geez. Along with birdie difficulties and the fact that we play to 21 points, I feel like I'm a freshman JV player all over again. But oh well...

When we went home, I switched cars because I needed to get home earlier and Jenny was staying for a few more hours. It was such an awkward ride because 1) other than the driver guy, the other two girls basically ignored me, and 2) one girl kept talking the entire two hours, making snotty, rude comments about people driving next to us (there was a half-hour traffic jam). It was unbelievable. Maybe that's how she just is, but she was just... unbelievably immature and stuck on herself being better than anyone else. "Oh, my God. Is that guy listening to MEXICAN music?" (Why should you care what he listens to?) "I lost to a girl named Fanny. If I had a name like that, I'd change it immediately. Why the **** would you want to be called Fanny?" (Um, my cousin's name is Fanny. If you don't like it, move on. Geez.) "With a traffic jam this bad, there had better be an oil spill."

Two hours of torture listening to this girl spout her mouth like an arrogant ten-year-old kid...luckily I fell asleep for half an hour. I know I can't judge her after only two hours stuck in the same car with her, but she seriously gets on my nerves. Whatever. Maybe she's just callous like that. I have better people to talk to.

0 comments: