Tuesday, March 17, 2009

the deteriorating team

People are dropping out of badminton like crazy. When I got to the practice, I was unpleasantly surprised by the small amount of people in the gym. Okay, there are a few people who have excused absences... but the team is seriously teeny. This is not good. The people who have quit are SENIORS, and high-lvled varsity players. What are they thinking... tsk tsk tsk. They can't take a few running practices? This is making me mad thinking about it. There are people who would give anything to be on the team, yet they got cut. Everyone who got on the team took up a spot on the 40-person team, pushing out someone else who might have wanted that spot. Now those seniors are just throwing away their positions, after being with the team for their past three years in high school. They're also letting down their teammates. The seniors who quit played in varsity doubles positions... the people who are affected most are their own partners. Thus, everyone has to be switched around and moved up.

I mean, I would understand if badminton were making their grades slip... but their reason for leaving is because they think they run too much in practice. Oh come on. This is the preseason and we're making people get in shape. They ran a whole month for TRYOUTS alone, and they quit now. What a waste. Oh well...it's their decision.

anyway.

Today I trained the mixed girls.. there were only three of them, so it was rather easy. I went through serving, dropping, killing, driving, etc. with them. It was really kind of fun. The only thingis that I wish I had more time with them-- I had to rush through everything, and I noticed that they needed more practice with the hitting, yet we had to move on with the new drill things. Hopefully next week we will be able to work with the doubles. I have a couple of drills in mind for the doubles people. The first game is coming up pretty quickly...

on the other hand. I love that it's still bright at 6pm :) love it.

0 comments: