Tuesday, March 3, 2009

a cold, rainy week

I've been having an absolutely horrible week and it's only Tuesday. I can only hope that the rest of the week will perk up, but it's just hope.

It is really hard trying to please everyone. I just can't do it, even though I want to. It gets pretty darn stressful, especially when one of them is a very influential person...yes, my mom. When she gets angry, she likes to make derogative assumptions and comparisons. The more they sting, the better. Soon they get into unforgivable territory--the insults that really stick, the ones that really hamper your self-esteem and personal wellbeing. I keep a passive, neutral expression on my face. She only wants a reaction, but she's not going to get it. It's just that this week, I've been receiving a constant barrage of negativity, not only from my mom.

He and I are having problems, but I don't know if we both have the strength to overcome them.

I can't please everyone.

I like to immerse myself in the beauty of soft piano music. Music doesn't hurt. I would like to fix our old, sagging piano so I can actually play something nice. I am currently working on a beautiful song by Yiruma, which is called River Flows in You. I thought it would be hard but it's very flowing and repetitive, so I'm getting it down.

Today I got a hot tapioca milk tea from Quickly. The guy spent a while trying to put on the cap, and then came over and told me to be careful because the cap was falling off. I picked up the cup and the lid popped off. Oh well...they must be out of the right size of lids for a large cup. I told the guy it was okay, and left. On the way to the bus, my bag slipped from my shoulders, jolting my hand that was clutching the cup. The lid flew off and hot liquid spewed over my fingers. I refused to lose my milk tea, however, and quickly laid down my umbrella and burning cup onto the ground. I transferred the milk tea to my thermos. Lovely. The burned fingers were worth saving my delicious milk tea, and the pearls were yummy as always.

It's been a very trying week, but I've got some pictures from last week to share.

...nvm. blogger uploader isn't working.

Well, my sociology class is always a bit of a laugh...especially last Thursday's session and today's. Last Thursday the prof didn't show up at all, and today we were gathered in the classroom for today's session. The class is supposed to start at 12:00pm. At 12:15, another professor rushes in and announces to us all that our professor is stuck in traffic 10 miles up on 680, and requests another 15 minutes (we are supposed to wait a max.of 15 minutes for a prof who has a doctoral degree) to get here. He mutters something about putting on some cartoons for us, and exits the room. About two minutes later, the TA strolls in and says that the prof "just woke up and wants to tell you guys that he's not coming." We were all like...what????? lol. craziness.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

same here. must be the rain. my reactions didn't work =( but i did have a nice time on sunday..... hahahahahahahahaha