Sunday, November 30, 2008

black friday


Man!!! I had a good-ish day today, but I'm kind of irritated now.

So I got off work at midnight. I was sitting by the bus station, waiting for my ride, when this girl about 17-19 years old comes up to me and asks me: "Could I please have $5 or $6 for the bus? My sisters and I really need to get home."

Okay, I do have about $30 in my wallet, and I can afford to give them the $$ - after all, I wouldn't want to be stranded at the bus stop; it's happened to me too. Just to make sure, I ask them what bus line they're taking, and she quickly responds, "The 77." I decide to give her the money and watch her and her sisters walk away from the bus station. After about ten minutes, I turn to look at the bus station... and I suddenly remember that no buses run after 11pm. AND... the bus stop closest to me displayed, in large numbers, 77.
Ugh. I hate being conned out of my money, even though it's only $5.

SO STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why do people have to be so dishonest and play on the pity of complete strangers?! People like them are why people nowadays are so cynical and unwilling to help others; because it might be a con. Despicable. If they really needed $$ that badly, they should have at least told me the truth. Truly despicable.

I think I would still be willing to give $$ to strangers who are in desperate/tough situations, even after this incident. I mean, you never know; you could truly become one of them, and no one would help you because they're so cynical and want to hang onto every drop of their money. Karma. But what if someone is simply trying to con you out of your money? I guess that's a tough judgment everyone has to make when faced with this situation. I should have judged the situation better. I mean, it's only $5, but who wants to be conned out of even a dollar? The person could be a drug addict, for all anyone knows. How could you make the judgment wisely? You wouldn't want to be on the streets, with young mouths to feed, begging for money, yet strangers with spare dollars are unwilling to give up even one.

Anyway, enough about that.

Today, work was a little less tiring than yesterday. I worked 4pm-12am, and it honestly wasn't that bad. The management got us hecka junk food, i.e. pizzas, buffalo wings, chips, chocolate-chip cookies, oreos, 500-calorie muffins, sodas, and A HUGE TIN OF CHOCOLATE!! I pigged out during my break and lunch.

Today I worked the register about 98% of the time. It was kind of fun. I rang up this lady who bought 50 items!! Yes 50!!!! Well, technically 48, but still. I stuffed her items into 5 huuuge and bulging bags. Her transaction came out to a little over $400, because she used a 20%-off coupon. Geeeez. Luckily she didn't beep when she went out the doors!! I was so proud and Luke congratulated me. lol. But then... he noticed a bag sitting on the ground and I freaked out, thinking that it was hers. He tried to run after her, but he couldn't find her. So sad... I stapled her receipt-copy to her bag for her if she came back, but she didn't. In retrospect, I think maybe that wasn't her bag--I had stuffed her bags, and the bag was only half-full.

But seriously, people crazily shopped this weekend. Yesterday on Black Friday I worked from 7:30am-4:30pm, and I worked the registers for about 95% of the time. I had this guy who bought $600 worth of stuff (with a 20% -off coupon) because he would dump clothes onto my counter, then run around the store for more. Repeat, repeat, repeat, and repeat. Geez. And then he beeped when he went through the doors. lol. I made Edison go through the bags, looking for the unsensored item :D

Then on Friday, after I got off work, Thannie and I met up! We shopped a little, and then went to Outback to have a crazy pig-out fest.

CHEESE FRIES. Look at that grease. Mmmmm.
And that's just the appetizer...lol
Then after killing our diets completely, we went to watch Twilight! We were the first ones in the theater; we came in at 7:30, half an hour before the show was supposed to start, and the cleanup people told us to come back in ten minutes. lol.


The movie was pretty good, but these teenage fangirls behind us kept shrieking and laughing and commenting on how ugly each character looked. "EW!!!" loudly commented one of them as Jacob made his initial appearance. God. So annoying. Edward was being all sweet onscreen, but the girls' laughter made his actions seem ridiculous. Thanh said she wanted to tell them to shut up. grr. -__-

I wanted to get this jacket that I'd tried on earlier in the week, but I was too late; shopping at 5pm on Black Friday is not a good idea. :(
Anyway, I have a lot more to blog about, but I'll save it for tomorrow; I'm dead tired. lol. goodnight.

0 comments: