Monday, November 3, 2008

dry socks + my first day on the job!

Monday, November 3, 2008
9:19 PM

Halloween was really fun! Better than last year's, heehee. I had stayed home and done homework and passed out candy to (mostly) rude little kids. This year Ricky and I visited UCSC and visited Curtis, Victor, and Jenny. Jenny took the bus home with me and Ricky. While Ricky slept, Jenny and I chatted the ride away. haha. Then trick-or-treating in the rain, sorting the candy, pigging out to scary movies, and everyone falling asleep during the second movie. Love!!!
Not much time for gossip, but there's always next time, right?

School was unusually fun today. In badmin, Trevor was uncharacteristically understanding about my mistakes. lol. Maybe it was the ugly lion he had on his shirt.



EWW!!!! A bright yellow lion with bulging muscles in a tiny wrestling suit...

Ashamed to be seen modeling this shirt

(the coach is in the background)

I spent my hour and a half between badmin and English editing my essay and finishing up my Spanish hw. It cost 30 cents to print out the three pages of my essay, but whatever. I was pretty darn proud of it :) Too bad I couldn't staple it bc the LRC didn't have a stapler, so it looked pretty ugly in the stack of prettily-stapled essays. I hope I get a good grade on it. My last essay grade sucked.

Anyway, we had a timed in-class essay in English. My brain was just mush after staring at my take-home essay, so I basically gave the in-class essay a B-C effort. Sucked. I'm ashamed of it. I hope my prof reads it after she reads a more incompetent one :) hehehehehe. So bad.

Spanish was actually....fun. Time passed by super quickly. I think it was because we were learning verbs and things that I really wanted to learn so I could actually use Spanish in everyday terms, like YO ...eh...nvm. I need to go study it. LOL. anyway, at the end of the class, the prof called everyone outside individually to tell them their grade. I went outside when she called me and I glanced quickly at the grade slip she held in her hand. OMG I thought I saw an F next to my name. I was about to freak out, but then she said that I have an A-. Whew. I thought I had a B because of my first hw packet (yes, I did it but I forgot to correct it and add accents and all that jazz, so I got 75/100. argh). I want at least an A.

Then after Spanish, I walked out and it was raining. I love the rain... when it's pretty, I have my umbrella, and my socks don't get wet. I was wearing my cheapie uncomfortable flats today WHICH I had regretted buying, but now I'm really glad I bought them because they really are waterproof! AND warm. Too bad they're flats, so my socks still get wet... but only from the top :D

When I stepped out, I just had to drop my stuff into the wet puddles and snap a photo.

Left: Learning Resource Center on the 1st floor, and Cesar Chavez library on the 2nd-3rd floors. Off to the right leads to the Student Center and parking lots.

Poor Pikachu was all soaked.

Then my mom insisted on driving me to my first day of tutoring Photoshop at someone's house. She drove me over and sat in the car (:D) while I went inside at 6:45 and came back out at 7:45. It was pretty fun/easy...except for the beginning when I completely forgot how to use an Apple. UGHHHH. I was clicking around trying to remember what to do. How incompetent. Luckily I got the hang of it after five-ten mins....but geez, how embarrassing! I'm being paid to know this. -_- I basically taught her stuff like attaching photos, copy+paste, etc. to e-mails, and cropping + resizing pics in Photoshop. basic stuff. She's eager to learn, so of course I want to teach her the functions of Photoshop. Teaching is fun! I was nervous today but I stuttered a lot, but it's only the first day. yay :D

0 comments: