Sunday, November 9, 2008

SJSU Transfer Information Program/Orientation

Sunday, November 9, 2008
1:33 AM


I signed up for the mandatory SJSU TIP, which is basically this program for Spring 2009 entrants for transfer/frosh students. I guess I'd be considered a lower-division transfer student, which is kind of weird. But hey, at least I get to transfer my credits!

Let's see, I can transfer....
1) Psychology 01

2) Elementary Stats

3) Bio 21 (I think?)

4) Critical Thinking (YEAH!!! THANK GOD!)

5) Any of the random credits I have right now...spanish...P.E...?
The orientation was kind of boring. The presentation took place at 9am, and unfortunately I took a seat behind a tall dude.

^ lol... his big head
Then near the end of the presentation an hour later, the speaker told the frosh/lower-division transfer students to go outside w/ a guide, and added that they are the ones with the printed nametags. I however had a handwritten nametag because the people at the registration desk had told me to make one, so I was unsure whether or not to go with them. Then the speaker said, "Everyone with printed nametags, go outside" so I doubtfully decided to stay. The rest of us (I unknowingly was now with the upper-division transfer kids) left to go off on our own to some of the different presentations at different locations, so I decided to take the campus tour. Luckily I did because that's what the frosh/lower-division students did the whole time until I met up with them at 11:30.
^ A new memorial. Pretty, no?


^ Campus



^ Where I met up with my designated group...
Anyway, I met this lost guy, so we decided to walk around and try to look for his group. I found out that he used to play #1-2 guys doubles in badminton for Mt. Pleasant! Cool. And then I saw a guy from my badmin/karate classes in SJCC, which was cool too.
Then at 1:15 my group went to the computer lab, where we looked up our classes and planned our schedules. When we left, we received:

^ I'm not exactly sure why they gave us books.

^ Free stuff!


oh well. I have no idea what I want to do in terms of GE's! Most of the choices look pretty interesting. I want to do Intro to Sociology, but I already filled that GE with my psych class! Darn!! So I decided to go for Child Development, which fulfills another category. Geez, didn't think there'd be so many categories to fulfill.

So far, I decided on my classes, but i still need to enroll in them once the enrollment date comes rolling around. I'm gonna enroll in them ASAP. Competition for classes are gonna be tight, I hear. VERY tight.

I've decided on 1) Intro to Art/Design, 2) Color, 3) 3-D concepts, 4) Art History Renaissance-Modern, 5) Child Development (GE), and 6) Intro to Creative Writing (GE). Yes, I still want to take Creative Writing even though SJCC's sucked like crazy!
My proposed schedule plan
Monday
8:30 - 11:20am
Color

12:00 - 1:15pm
Creative Writing

6:30 - 9:20pm
Intro Study Art/Design
THAT LECTURE IS MANDATORY!!! And the only one available. lol. darn.
Tuesday
8:00 - 10:50am
3-D Concepts

12:00 - 1:15pm
Child Development

Wednesday
8:30 - 11:20am
Color

12:00 - 1:15pm
Creative Writing

Thursday
8:00 - 10:50am
3-D Concepts

12:00 - 1:15pm
Child Development

Friday
9:00 - 11:45am
Art History
Yes yes yes, I know the classes are at crazy 8am about every day! How am I going to do it? :( Oh well, being a morning person is good. Too bad I suck at it (re: high school). Maybe I can force myself into it and go to sleep at midnight-1am like a good girl. lol. yeah right... I left plenty of time in the afternoon so I can study/do homework. I'm really determined to do well. Also, I want to attend PHHS badminton practices and games. LOL!!! I was thinking of being assistant coach, or at the very least actively supporting the team...but I do know studies come first. I'll see what I can do. I want to support the team as much as I can while doing well in my studies.
On another tangent...I was too lazy to bring my big old statistics textbook home. So I just took pics of the chapter pages I had to review. Saved me the shoulder pain from a heavy bookbag.





I love this camera!!

2 comments:

klutzycurtz said...

not a response to your blog
but Disturbia is totally different from the rest of your songs...its really weird

Jessica said...

HMPH! thanks -_-